Senior Unity Software Developer
As a senior unity software developer, you will be part of an agile team and will be responsible for leading client development on exciting projects. Your expertise and soft skills will be relied upon to communicate with discipline leads, help clarify and plan tasks, and to help drive the development of game engine features.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Lead the development team on an exciting new project
- Create, debug, maintain and optimize the game’s engine, editor and related tools used for the game’s development
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or app packages)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the various teams: Art, design, programming, UX, etc
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
- Work closely with discipline leads and producers to detail and maintain project goals
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in game development
- Unity Game development (at least one game shipped using Unity is preferred)
- Understanding of how to live operate mobile games is an asset
- Possess strong object-oriented programming skills in C#,
- Previous experience working with one or more of the following languages: Objective C, Swift, Java, C/C++
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming
- Experience in delivering mobile games for Android / iOS
- Able to adapt and work with new APIs and concepts
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Able to provide guidance and mentorship to the programming team
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
- Previous experience working with any of the following technologies: databases, PHP, Facebook APIs, IronSource, package management, GIT, Perforce
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position based in our Vancouver, B.C. studio. We thank all applicants for your interest, please be advised that only those who are eligible for full-time employment in Canada will be considered at this time.
About Truly Social Games:
Truly Social Games by name, Truly Social Games by nature! We aim to create engaging mobile games with an eye towards truly social interactions among both players and creators, all around the world. We take pride in engaging with our players and allowing them to lend a hand in shaping the way our games are created.
We employ a small but mighty team of 50+ employees spread across studios in Portland, OR (HQ), Vancouver, BC and Minsk, Belarus.
Truly Social Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.