Senior Server Engineer – Mobile Games
Truly Social Games Vancouver is looking for a personable, high-performing Senior Server Engineer to help us build some pretty amazing products! We are an up-and-coming studio where everyone understands the business value of the work they do, and your voice and contribution matter!
You are passionate about games and have a keen eye for what makes a quality product. Your sharp analytical skills allow you to solve complex challenges, and you have the soft skills to relay complex information to various audiences, including those with non-technical backgrounds. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and teaching others. You will confidently own the technological infrastructure and live operations for our products at a studio level. You are well-versed in all of the latest tools and technologies powering server-side technology support for mobile platform development.
This is a position where you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and dig in, but you are also capable of defining roadmaps, pipelines and translating business needs into actionable technical plans.
This is a full-time position based in-house at our Vancouver, B.C. studio, no remote candidates will be considered at this time.
Are you up for the challenge?
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Design, deploy and maintain systems that can scale to a high number of requests per second.
- Administer server-side and client-side code, prototypes and high-volume solutions, including monitoring and response mechanisms.
- Optimize current server infrastructure, exploring new trends and best practices in mobile server technology.
- Build tools for game infrastructure and live operations.
- Regularly test online components to ensure they are reliable and secure.
- Manage the development and technical design of server infrastructure; architecting scalable, creative and efficient mobile solutions which are extensible across projects.
- Provide leadership, establish tech discipline standards, best practices and direction relating to all aspects of your domain.
- Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles.
- Direct, oversee and communicate regular updates in regard to project back-end engineering efforts. These include development roadmaps, live operation of cross-platform products and server technologies.
- Support efforts at increasing efficiency on all projects by understanding and managing technical debt.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role, including 2+ years in a senior or leadership role, working within the technology or game development industry.
- Expertise with linux / command line.
- Expert knowledge of networking, DNS, protocols.
- Deep command of database design and SQL knowledge.
- Experience developing high performance backend systems.
- Additional knowledge of any of the following would be considered an asset: Kubernetes, Rollbar, Prometheus, Grafana, GraphQL, C#, C++, Unity, iOS, Android, Jenkins, AWS services: EC2, Amazon EKS, RDS, RedShift, Load Balancer, Redis, S3, Lambda, Route 53.
- Approachable, knowledgeable and a proven track record of getting the best out of yourself and collaborations with others.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, passing on your knowledge and leading by example.
- Superlative oral and written English skills, able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, excellent presentation skills, detail-oriented.
- Passionate about mobile and social games, especially ours.
- Experience with game engine programming.
- Development of AAA titles on iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Experience working in a tech company where your responsibilities extended between strategic and tactical.
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position based in our Vancouver, B.C. studio. We thank all applicants for your interest, please be advised that only those who are eligible for full-time employment in Canada will be considered at this time.
About Truly Social Games:
Truly Social Games by name, Truly Social Games by nature! We aim to create engaging mobile games with an eye towards truly social interactions among both players and creators, all around the world. We take pride in engaging with our players and allowing them to lend a hand in shaping the way our games are created.
We employ a small but mighty team of 50+ employees spread across studios in Portland, OR (HQ), Vancouver, BC and Minsk, Belarus.
Truly Social Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.