QA and Live Ops Support Representative
Truly Social Games Vancouver is hiring a Quality Assurance and Live Operations Support Representative. Are you passionate about mobile and social games? Have a proven ability to engage with audiences of dedicated players from all over the world?
The Truly Social QA & Live Ops team members work alongside the development team to ensure that all of our games meet the highest quality standards – from early prototypes to global launch roll-outs. Our ideal candidate is experienced with full mobile game life cycles, able to collaborate effectively across disciplines, and has a desire to get things done. You demonstrate considerable technical savviness, superlative communication skills, a positive attitude and highly social personality.
In addition to working with the development team, you will also act as a direct point of contact with our players. You will strive to deliver world-class customer service and resolve disputes while observing established policies and standards. You should also be proactively analyzing our games for improvement opportunities, making suggestions which highlight clear, positive business impact.
This is a full-time position based out of our Vancouver studio – no remote candidates please. Are you up for the challenge?
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Develop and execute a regular cadence of testing to verify software content functionality, usability and compatibility.
- Contribute to developing and continually improving QA process and pipelines.
- Regular reporting of status and health to various business groups.
- Assist customers through chat, email, social media channels, forums, blogs or any other medium where players gather to discuss our games to identify, investigate and resolve issues relating to player accounts and game events using knowledge bases and published materials.
- Convey a professional, positive, and passionate presence to employees and customers alike, respecting security and confidentiality of the company as well as player privacy.
- Keep up-to-date with policies, procedures and events surrounding the titles being supported, and give accurate, real-time responses to customer inquiries. Judiciously render policy and judgment calls and prescribe disciplinary action according to set guidelines.
- Help maintain player awareness of pending game updates, upcoming features, fixes and other important announcements.
- Collaborate with marketing, analytics and product teams as a representative voice for customers to identify opportunities for immediate or future improvements to player experience, ongoing product development or community initiatives.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 3+ years testing experience in the games industry with both Android and Apple devices and respective platforms, ideally in free-to-play mobile games.
- 2+ years of technical customer service experience (Zendesk a definite plus) and a strong ability to focus and remain on task.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, excellent technical writing skills, able to generate detail-oriented reports and proactively share knowledge with team members.
- Strong aptitude to learn quickly and effectively, maintaining patience and empathy while multitasking.
- Flexibility and willingness to quickly adapt to changes as game policies grow and progress over time, and able to maintain performance integrity while under pressure or dealing with ambiguity.
- Superlative oral and written English skills, able to write clearly and respect conventional mechanics for grammar and spelling.
- Proficient use of PC and customary productivity applications, computer systems and mobile gaming platforms.
- Any direct business value-enhancing experience such as data analysis, systems design or advanced QA skills (build automation or scripting) would strengthen your candidacy.
- Proven experience with social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, blogs, Youtube, Twitch and vBulletin forums.
- Previous role in community management or forum administration with a games, entertainment or media brand focus. Keen interest in social networks, gaming communities and technology.
- Additional languages are a big plus, but not required.
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This is a full-time position based in our Vancouver, B.C. studio. We thank all applicants for your interest, please be advised that only those who are eligible for full-time employment in Canada will be considered at this time.
About Truly Social Games:
Truly Social Games by name, Truly Social Games by nature! We aim to create engaging mobile games with an eye towards truly social interactions among both players and creators, all around the world. We take pride in engaging with our players and allowing them to lend a hand in shaping the way our games are created.
We employ a small but mighty team of 50+ employees spread across studios in Portland, OR (HQ), Vancouver, BC and Minsk, Belarus.
Truly Social Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.