Junior Unity Software Developer
As a junior unity software developer, you will be part of an agile team and aid in the development of exciting projects. You will work with the development team, learn soft skills, and communicate with feature stakeholders on a regular basis. With fantastic growth potential, and the opportunity to be involved with many aspects of development, your ability to self-motivate and get things done will be your greatest asset.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Create, debug, maintain and optimize the game’s engine, editor and related tools used for the game’s development
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or app packages)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the various teams: Art, design, programming, UX, etc
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use
- Contribute to the maintenance and optimization of existing products as required
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar in computer science, computer systems, or software engineering
- Unity Game development
- Possess strong object-oriented programming skills in C#
- Understanding of common programming design patterns: MVC, dependency injection, trees, sorting algorithms, etc
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming
- Able to adapt and work with new APIs and concepts
- Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes
- Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Highly motivated, self starting personality
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with multiple disciplines; Art, design, programming, etc
- Previous experience working with any of the following technologies: databases, PHP, Facebook APIs, IronSource, package management, C/C++, Java, Objective C, iOS, Android, GIT, Perforce
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position based in Vancouver BC. We have a physical office space for you to use during work hours if you wish. However we are open to work from home options as well. We thank all applicants for your interest, please be advised that only those who are eligible for full-time employment in Canada will be considered at this time.
About Truly Social Games:
Truly Social Games by name, Truly Social Games by nature! We aim to create engaging mobile games with an eye towards truly social interactions among both players and creators, all around the world. We take pride in engaging with our players and allowing them to lend a hand in shaping the way our games are created.
We employ a small but mighty team of 50+ employees spread across studios in Portland, OR (HQ), Vancouver, BC and Minsk, Belarus.
Truly Social Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.