Mobile Game User Acquisition Manager – Contract
Truly Social Games Vancouver needs a highly analytical and metrics-oriented Contract Mobile Games User Acquisition Manager to drive our global user acquisition efforts for our next generation of products. Our previous hit title Planet Gold Rush achieved 2,000,000 installs and secured a healthy player base of truly dedicated players. We have just launched Gold Mania! as its spiritual successor, combining the best parts of PGR with a host of fresh, new features and fun. Our UA efforts require a Champion! The ideal candidate brings a growth mindset, innovative ideas and a competitive spirit. This role is currently for a fixed term with potential for extension to permanent for the right candidate.
You are passionate about games, with experience in crafting performance marketing strategies for digital products. You understand the latest trends in mobile apps, user acquisition, user behavior and retention. Your mission is to be hands-on in managing the full cycle of user acquisition, researching and implementing new UA tactics with various ad platforms and constantly exploring new sources to acquire quality users. Join us for an intellectually challenging and rewarding career, as part of a team dedicated to making our mark in the mobile game space.
Are you up for the challenge?
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of user acquisition — set up, maintain and optimize aggressive UA campaigns for games and products, including developing A/B testing programs to determine the value of acquisition efforts and ROI, adjust based on results to capitalize on opportunities for immediate improvements
- Collaborate with analytics, data science, creative and product teams to gather, sort, and sift through tons of cool user data, to help define product marketing strategy, identify features that improve effective customer acquisition and get best-in-class creative that will drive conversions
- Build mobile game pipelines for Performance UA strategy and operations, including strong partnerships with major ad networks and media partners.
- Create monthly budgets, pricing and performance reports on all campaign activity, detailing market spend and all active strategic measures
- Track campaigns and generate frequent performance reports to present to the stakeholders
- Assist development teams to design and optimize app store and marketing content for ideal conversions & SEO
- Contribute to documentation that will be used as the basis of instruction manuals, tutorials, FAQs, or other written support materials for clients and customers
- Work with project manager to schedule and estimate tasks, identify priorities for creative and other work, and provide ideas and perspective on marketability of content
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 2+ years of experience running user acquisition campaigns, preferably for mobile games
- Passionate about mobile F2P games
- Experience in behavioral psychology/economics
- Background in data science (modeling, predictions, machine learning, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills (specifically pivot tables), comfortable with manipulating large data sets and adept with collaborative software such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with reporting dashboards and various analytics platforms, all relevant KPIs, able to execute either ROI or ROAS marketing strategies
- Solid track record of managing, growing and optimizing performance marketing campaigns and partnerships
- Experience with UA operations on Facebook, including A/B and multivariate testing
- Expertise with analyzing performance data and arriving at actionable recommendations regarding campaign direction
- Proven ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and adapt to last-minute changes
- Strong team player who can work with multiple game teams under pressure and tight schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Business, Economics, Mathematics or related quantitative field, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience as a data analyst in the gaming industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Engineering or social media platform development background
- Development management of AAA titles on iOS and/or Android platforms
- Running UA for F2P mobile games
- Experience working in a tech company where your responsibilities extended between strategic and tactical
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time position based in our Vancouver, B.C. studio. We thank all applicants for your interest, please be advised that only those who are eligible for full-time employment in Canada will be considered at this time.
About Truly Social Games:
Truly Social Games by name, Truly Social Games by nature! We aim to create engaging mobile games with an eye towards truly social interactions among both players and creators, all around the world. We take pride in engaging with our players and allowing them to lend a hand in shaping the way our games are created.
We employ a small but mighty team of 50+ employees spread across studios in Portland, OR (HQ), Vancouver, BC and Minsk, Belarus.
Truly Social Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.