Life at Truly Social Games
It’s not all just fun and games (but it’s close)
We’re serious about what we do, but we’re serious about having fun, too.
We take pride in offering the kinds of perks you need to relax and unwind both in and out of the office. These include company happy hours, catered lunches, 100% covered medical benefits, and as many vacation days as you need (just to name a few).
Truly Social Games is looking for an Intermediate Software Engineer.
You can expect to work on a wide range of web and mobile games, related technologies and tools in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our ideal candidate will own features “end-to-end” (both client and server), collaborating with other engineers, designers and artists to bring our vision of a truly social gaming experience to the world. Our development team is tight-knit and highly collaborative, so we are looking for someone who is passionate about their contribution and knows the difference between good & great work.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO EVERY DAY:
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and optimization of new and existing systems and products as required
- Ensure all code created is robust, maintainable, and meets or exceeds established Truly Social Games coding standards/conventions
- Write clear and concise technical design documentation for all new features and systems in the appropriate medium as necessary (WIKI, Word/Google docs, etc)
- Gather and analyze developer/client/customer feedback, system requirements and incorporate them into technical designs for new features and systems
- Collaborate with other team members to iterate and refine existing systems, designs and code (including code reviews and peer programming)
- Contribute to documentation that will be used as the basis of instruction manuals, tutorials, FAQs, or other written support materials for clients and customers
- Offer solutions and workarounds/trade-offs to management, developers, QA, partners and potentially clients as required
- Work with project management to schedule and estimate tasks, identify high-risk items, prioritize dependencies and flag problems as they arise
- Identify and communicate technical problems/limitations and any potential solutions or tradeoffs to management
- Isolate tasks or procedures that can be automated and/or streamlined to reduce errors and contain operating costs
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Previously shipped at least 2 titles from start to finish, in a team environment as a programmer
- Competence with using SCM systems effectively in a team environment (Perforce or SVN)
- Experience ramping up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by a particular project.
- Capable of working in a truly agile fashion, prepared to change priorities (features, project platform) as required – this can potentially mean multi-tasking across several projects as we launch titles, start new projects or fix critical bugs on existing products
- Able to deliver and receive constructive criticism in a mature manner
- AR/VR or console game development experience
- Experience with native development for iOS or Android
- Data Analysis and/or Machine Learning
- 3D math (matrix/vector math, trigonometry, linear algebra, etc.)
- Experience integrating web services and public APIs using JSON
- Adobe CS skills, an eye for visual design
- Understanding of GPU architecture; experience in parallel computation, GPGPU
- Experience working in a tech company where your responsibilities and experience extend between strategic and tactical
To apply for this brilliant opportunity, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This is a full-time position based in our Vancouver, B.C. studio. We thank all applicants for your interest, please be advised that only those who are eligible for full-time employment in Canada will be considered at this time.
About Truly Social Games:
Truly Social Games by name, Truly Social Games by nature! We aim to create engaging mobile games with an eye towards truly social interactions among both players and creators, all around the world. We take pride in engaging with our players and allowing them to lend a hand in shaping the way our games are created.
We employ a small but mighty team of 50+ employees spread across studios in Portland, OR (HQ), Vancouver, BC and Minsk, Belarus.
Truly Social Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and strive to have an inclusive work environment.